Re: [STDS-802-11] Forward Error Correction question related to FAA RemoteID Final Rules

Title: Standard
--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Working Group Reflector --- I got the public link, got the aware spec and found the supported PHYs.  11n and 11ac.  Both these seem to have FEC.  Hopefully this meets the FAA FEC requirements.

On 1/8/21 1:25 PM, Mark Hamilton wrote:

Not answering your question, Bob (sorry), but here is a link to a public access Wi-Fi Aware spec:  https://www.wi-fi.org/downloads-registered-guest/Wi-Fi_Aware_Specification_v3.2.pdf/29731

For future/anyone’s reference: many Wi-Fi Alliance specs are available publicly, here: https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/specifications

Mark

From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 11:18 AM
To: STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11] Forward Error Correction question related to FAA RemoteID Final Rules

Digging a bit, I see 802.11n (2.4 and 5ghz) and 802.11ac (5ghz) are the only PHYs.

Am I reading 802.11 right that these have FEC?

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Working Group Reflector --- So that is a yes for FEC?   Oh, and that page requires login.  I have not had WiFi alliance login for a lot of years.