[STDS-802-11] ASTM Unmanned Aircraft Remote ID messages via BEACON frames

This is concerning work being done in ASTM F38.02 on ver 1.1 of the Remote ID standard.

The current version sends the Remote ID messages over Bluetooth 4 Advertisement Frames, BT 5 long range, or WiFi NAN.

In France they have worked out a scheme and are pushing it in ASD STAN to use the Vendor IE in BEACONs.  Others like Skydio have jumped on this approach.  It doesn't seem too bad, but aren't the devils always lurking in the details?

Think about 50 - 100 UAs (Unmanned Aircraft, i.e. Drones) overhead sending out these BEACONs.  The current thought is to use a random SSID for each UA.  Works fine in testing to the apps on some devices...  But I am thinking about all the non-participating (that is they do not have a UA Remote ID app) devices seeing all these beacons and what it will do to their SSID table?

My thought is that there should be a standard SSID used by all UAs world-wide.  Something short to keep the frame size down.  Can't be unique for UA use only, but that is OK.

Then what about the Country IE.  Should this be sent?  It is one way to keep each country for insisting on its own SSID and then needing a registry of said SSIDs for the apps.

Of course ASTM would have to come to 802 to get an OID as well (I dont' know what they are using in France right now).

Any other IE to bring up in the discussion?  We have a teleconference tomorrow....

Thank you for any advice.

Bob