Re: [STDS-802-11] Updated list of comments received on draft P802.11bn PAR

Dear Laurent,

First, thanks again for your great effort and work to pull together the11bn PAR comment discussion, resolution, and revision.

To try to help the 11bn PAR to go through the process smoothly, I would like to follow-up with one of my comments on the PAR in 1252r4, i.e., a clear inconsistency between the title (2.1) and the scope (5.2), as highlighted below:

  • In Title (2.1): “Enhancements for Ultra High Reliability”
    • There may be different reading of it. Well, my reading is that we already have “Ultra High Reliability”, and in this project we are going to develop enhancements for UHR.
    • After a little probing here in our group, clearly I am not alone with the understanding above.
  • In Scope (5.2.b): “The amendment adds an Ultra High Reliability capability to a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN).”
    • This sentence clearly indicates that UHR capability is something new to be added by this project.

I strongly believe this inconsistency needs to be fixed. I guess we can have at least two options below:

  1. In Titel (2.1), delete “Enhancements for” (Maybe save it for the next project). Or
  2. In Scope (5.2.b), change the corresponding sentence to the following:

“The amendment introduces enhancements for Ultra High Reliability capability to a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN).”

Thanks for your attention!

BR,

Lei