[STDS-802-11] 6 GHz regulatory signaling changes - submissions in TGme

Brian Hart and I have uploaded two submissions (23-1903r0 and 23-1904r0) to TGme reflector, regarding proposed changes to, and clarification of, 6 GHz regulatory signaling - primarily the Regulatory Info field in HE Operation element, and the Transmit Power Envelope element.

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/23/11-23-1903-00-000m-reginfo-back-compatibility-for-6-ghz-lpi-and-standard-power.docx

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/23/11-23-1904-00-000m-6ghz-indoor-sp-ap-tpe-and-connectivity-signaling.docx

We will introduce these submissions in the Nov 6 TGme teleconference, and continue during the upcoming F2F to try to reach a conclusion on the CIDs.

Given the importance of back-compatibility with existing 6 GHz devices in the field, as well as the need to support recent and emerging regulatory rules in various countries, broad review of these proposals would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thomas