From: carl.eklund@nokia.com [mailto:carl.eklund@nokia.com]
Sent: 26 March 2001 10:20
To: stds-802-16-mac@ieee.org
Subject: RE: stds-802-16-mac: Operator IDs

We agreed that we set aside 24 bits for the operator ID as part of the
Basestation ID. The purpose was that an SS knows that it tries to access the
correct operators network when it sees this number.

This could be a unique number assigned by e.g., IEEE. What it is called and
what it is used for in other instances is irrelevant. The only thing is that
it must not be a ardeous task to get one and it should not involve major
cost. It number must not imply anything else except the operator ID.

So if IEEE could give the LAN OUIs at reasonable term it would be great.
Roger could you give us the information (cost, time to process appliction,
number of forms to be completed etc )?
If the terms seem reasonable we can make a comment that then can be accepted
without a 2h discussion.

BR Carl