stds-802-16-mac: Invitation to join TG3/4 MAC Ad Hoc Group on ARQ

You are cordially invited to join the TG3/4 MAC Ad Hoc group on ARQ. Please
send me your name, phone number, and email address by this Friday,
7/20/2001. I will publish the member list next Monday.

The charge of the Ad Hoc group is to produce a text to replace the ARQ
section in the IEEE 802.16abc-01/01 document. According to the resolutions
passed during the meeting last week, the text must meet the following
criteria:

(1) It must specify an ARQ state machine that uses only selective repeat
algorithm
(2) It must specify ARQ message formats that uses the block sequence
numbering scheme
(3) The message formats must support piggybacked acknowledgements

The deadline for complete proposals meeting all of the criteria is Friday,
8/24/2001. If there are multiple proposals and no clear consensus at that
stage, we will conduct a vote on Friday, 8/31/2001. I will cast my vote only
if there is a tie. The winning proposal will be the Ad Hoc output.

Please note that the deadline was set as late as possible to give us time to
circulate and discuss ideas, preliminary text, etc. We encourage everyone to
use the reflector to circulate his or her ideas and lobby for support. Folks
with similar view points are encouraged to make joint proposals. Personally,
I am committed to produce a draft within a month's time, using GPRS as the
starting point for state machine, and as much as possible the message
formats as presented in the the 01/01 document and at this meeting.

Huanchun