Re: stds-802-16-tg2: Re: Letter Ballot Comment 39 Resolution

Barry:

I have no problem with your revised text related to p22, line 7 and will adjust
my comment response accordingly. But I would like to see an additional line
following, that makes sure that the reader clearly understands that if two guard
channels are required that the total bandwidth required is equal to the
bandwidth of the large carrier plus the bandwidth of the small carrier. It
should be made clear that we are not talking about twice the bandwidth of the
large carrier.

I will also loook at p21, line 44 again. The problem here is trying to clearly
state that in some cases the guard channel is going to be a physical frequency
separation requirement, in others it could be just a polarization change or some
other mitigation strategy. Hence the use of the adjective "equivalent"

Referenced to 108, my response is a mess as it is so long. I went back and put
in carriage returns within the cell. This cleans up the pop down text window but
screws up the normal text display as it now appears as a vetical wrap within 1
cell. I think that I will leave it as is and let you deal with it.

None of this is water under the bridge yet. I have yet to post my responses to
the reflector. Probably later today - or is Phil supposed to do this with the
complete set of responses?

Cheers,

Jack