RE: stds-802-16-tg3: RE: support for AAS (C802.16a-02/49)

Dear Nico, All

We have done a big step for the AAS with introducing small changes, similar
things should also be finalized for the STC.
We have to concentrate on other problems in the 256-OFDM mode, like:
1) Lack of interoperability with the optional STC solution because of the
different preambles.
2) The existence of two incompatible sampling rates (8/7 and 7/6)
3) Coexistence with 802.11 in the unlicensed band.

Back to AAS
At this time there are in the market solutions of Broad Band [BB] AAS
implementations that will carry the answers for the SC and OFDM and the BB
OFDMA.	.
We agreed in the past to have option for Narrow Band [NB] AAS as an optional
permutation. There is no interoperability problem in the combined mode,
since we have specific burst profiles for AAS traffic and we can switch and
work with the other optional NB permutation in the AAS part of the frame. In
case of the BB AAS we will not switch permutation.

All the best,
Zion Hadad
Runcom Technologies Ltd.