From: mika.kasslin@nokia.com [mailto:mika.kasslin@nokia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 8:54 AM
To: john.sydor@crc.ca; naftalic@breezecom.co.il;
osacra@redlinecommunications.com; radu@redlinecommunications.com
Subject: TG4 PHY

Gentlemen,

The San Jose meeting is already in a week and there has
been no discussion how to continue the PHY efforts started
in Monterey. I know, you Naftali, are extremely busy with TG3
and you aren't going to attend the TG4 meeting next week; isn't
it so. But I would like to see us discussing before the meeting
so that we had something more concrete for the meeting and
could really make some decisions instead of just discussing.

What do you think?

The very basic "decisions" were taken in Monterey regarding
MAC framing, signaling and PHY bursts with preambles. But
there are still lot of questions that has to be answered:
	- How about FEC? Are we satisfied with the one in .11a?
	- Interleaving? Just copy the ones in .11a?
	- Channelization, optional narrow channels?
	- OFDMA?
The first ones are quite simple ones but the last example is not,
at least in my mind. I wanted to incorporate the OFDMA into the
list due to possible harmonization with TG3. It seemed to be
successful in that group and I wonder whether we should consider
it as well.

Please take this email as a wake up message which is intended to
start co-operation between active participants of TG4 in order to
guarantee successful meeting in San Jose.

Looking forward hearing from you,
	Mika

Mika Kasslin
Nokia Research Center, Finland