RE: stds-802-16-tg4: Channel and Interference models.

I have seen companies selling simulation tools modelling channels for 5 GHz
band.  One of the recent one I saw was by a company called Wireless Valley
Communications, based in Blacksburg, VA.  Looks like it's a company founded
by Virginia Tech graduates.

I have no connection with that company whatsoever, so I am not trying to do
PR for them.  The reason I mention this is that I wonder if we could utilize
some commercial products like that to do our channel modelling.  It will
cost money, but it will give us something right away instead of waiting for
someone to do a contribution which may or may not happen any time soon.
It's just an idea -- I don't even know how we can buy it or use it.  Feel
free to shoot the idea down.

Minfei Leng
Phone: (716)631-4584; Fax: (716)631-6080
Clearwire Technologies
P.O.Box 850
Buffalo, NY 14225-0850
www.clearwire.com

29r1.pdf).
This is the model used in TG3. This document is about to be updated in a
couple of weeks, so keep track on the updated version.

For item (b) we may try to use work by other IEEE workgroups, though I have
no relevant  pointers yet.

best regards,

Tal Kaitz
BreezeCOM