stds-802-16-tg4: coexistence with 802.11/802.15

All,
	In addressing the coexistence issue where 802.11 and 802.15 are
concerned, I would like to know what the PHY team would think of instituting
a maximum on power behind the antenna (back lobes/backscatter). I believe
that in most cases the antenna for a UNII system will be pointed away from
the building it is attached to. It is hardly ideal, but what if we simply
required an Xdb signal strength drop in the 180 degrees of the back side of
the antenna? I know that there are outdoor capable EM absorbing foams in
this frequency band available. There are also a lot of other means
available. While smart antennas may be a solution as well, I was looking for
a simple, inexpensive option too. Also, I would like to keep the MAC as
simple as possible with its coexistence role limited to other UNII BWA
systems. I am not an expert in this area, but I would like to hear the
opinions of those who are PRIOR to the next meeting.

Thanks,
Ken Peirce

Disclaimer: The opinions stated here are mine and not necessarily those of
Malibu Networks.