RE: stds-802-16-tg4: coexistence with 802.11/802.15

Ken,

Defining antenna radiation pattern limits is one of the
tools in the co-existence game. The problem is the range
from our "omni"-approach to John Sydor's 10-15 degree beams,
with most of you other guys somewhere in between. Thus it
might be difficult to define reasonable numbers unless it
is done case by case. Anyhow, we can state that it is in
the group's interest to minimize any side or backlobe
radiation of the antennas used (and this is very true since
we gain too).

Another issue is the vertical radiation pattern. Since FWA
systems tend to operate in the horizontal plane, we could
try to set limits on vertical radiation patterns. This would
have real impact on co-existence with 802.11/802.15 devices
below and even satellites above!

BR
Jori