From: Kostas, Demos
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 7:34 AM
To: 'Octavian Sarca'; Stds-802-16-Tg4 (E-mail)
Subject: RE: stds-802-16-tg4: new 802.16b Strawman

As noted in the introductory Section 7.1,
"The Wireless HUMAN Standard-based systems that will operate in the middle
U-NII band (5.25-5.35 GHz) will have to share this band with a number of
other systems (e.g., Earth Exploratory Satellite (active) Service (EESS)
Synthetic Aperture Radars (SARs), Wireless HUMAN Standard-based systems,
non-standard point-to-multipoint Broadband Fixed Wireless Access(BFWA)
systems, terrestrial Radars, and IEEE 802.11a , 802.15 and Hiperlan/2
Wireless LANs).  As this is a License-Exempt (LE) band these diverse systems
will often be operated in the same geographical area by different operators.
"
I propose that Strawman Document include Sections
7.3 Interference Requirements from other Wireless HUMAN based systems
7.4 Interference Requirements form non-Wireless HUMAN based FWA systems
7.5 Interference Requirements from WLANs/RLANs
7.6 Interference Requirements form Terrestrial Radar Systems
7.7 Interference Requirements form ...
Such listing identifies the open interference issues that we have to
confront and invites contributions to address such issues.

Dr. Demosthenes J. Kostas
Director, Industry Standards
Adaptive Broadband Corporation

3314 Dartmouth Ave