From: owner-stds-802-16-tg4@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-16-tg4@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Marianna
Goldhammer
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 1:01 PM
To: David Chauncey
Cc: j.carlo@ieee.org; Roger B. Marks; stds-802-16-tg4@ieee.org;
reflector 802.regs
Subject: RE: stds-802-16-tg4: Re: 5GHz Fixed Wireless Access in danger!

David,

I think that before working on NPRM,
we should have an agreed 802 strategy regarding the 5GHz band splitting
between different working groups. I see the UNII FCC regulations as a good
base for doing that, based on the limitations of the transmitted power.

The 802.16 interests are related to high level transmitted power, the 802.11
 and 802.15 want to limit it at lower level.

It is clear that in the near future FCC will unify ISM and  UNII regulations
 in 5GHz, so we should already  consider this consolidation and have an
 agreement based on BW splitting. This will not preclude the lower power
 systems to work in the  higher bands, for example indoor . Nevertheless,
 the focus  of the higher bands should  be the Fixed Wireless Access.
 I would like to see in that band more waivers  for P-MP, sectorized
 antenna systems.

Lets discuss this in the next teleconference. I will be happy to join.
 Please send me the bridge number.

Marianna