stds-802-16-tg4: Agere and TI inputs to FCC NPRM - 10mW/MHz!

Dear All,

Agere's and Texas Instruments response to the FCC proposed rules changes
 within Part 15 was just completed. TI is proposing a limits of either 100
mW
or 50 mW per 1 MHz; Agere is proposing 10 dBm/MHz, and has included a fairly
substantial engineering study in support of its filing.

This is of major importance since if Agere's  response is accepted, the
 access in the un-licensed frequencies will be FCC illegal.

We have to organize ourselves in providing a technical co-existence
justification
 for the high power levels we need. WCAI is also engaged in this process.
 An ad-hoc in the next week meeting can provide a justification document.

I understood that the response should be available until Sept. 17, David
 Chauncey has all the details.

Regards,

Marianna

P.S. Due to the ETSI-BRAN meeting, I will not join you in Denver.

      Marianna Goldhammer
       Director - Strategic Technologies

    Alvarion
BreezeCOM & Floware unite