stds-802-16-tg4: termination of two ancillary 802.16 reflectors

This message announces the termination of the following ancillary
802.16 email reflectors:

*stds-802-16-tg4
*stds-802-16-mac

This will leave 802.16 with the following reflectors:
*stds-802-16            Working Group
*stds-802-16-mobile     TGe (Mobile Wireless MAN [802.16e])
*stds-802-16-tg1        TGC (Conformance, 10-66 GHz [1802.16.1, 1802.16.2])
*stds-802-16-tg2        TG2 (Coexistence [80216.2a])
*stds-802-16-tg3        TGd (System Profiles, 2-11 GHz [802.16d])

To join (or unjoin) any of them, see <http://ieee802.org/16/subscribe.html>.

I may further consolidate the reflectors in the future.

These reflectors are being terminated because, with the completion of
recent work, they no longer serve a purpose. Most of the traffic is
spam.

Regarding the spam issue, I have finally decided that spam filtering
based on keywords is a losing battle. While my filters trap a lot of
spam, far too much gets through. I have therefore moved the lists to
restricted-post configuration, in which only subscribers may post. I
have been avoiding this because, unless you post from the same
address with which you are subscribed, your message will bounce. I
know that many of us use multiple email addresses and don't want to
have to remember which one they need to use for posting. However, the
continuing spam assault is forcing our hand.

Regards,

Roger

--

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>