stds-802-16: Meeting schedules

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as
non-confidential.]

Folks -

Let me see if I have this 802.16 schedule straight:

(1) We have a regular quarterly meeting scheduled in Montreal starting July
5.
(2) We have an interim meeting scheduled in Boulder starting May 10.
(3) There was an "interim" interim meeting held in Dallas on April 12.
(4) There is yet another "interim" interim meeting desired to be held in
Dallas before May 12.

I understand that anything that is "decided" at these ad hoc meetings will
not become official until "voted on" at the main meeting.

I object.

This process is a charade that disenfranchises most of the 802.16 study
group.  It is expensive and disruptive for most of us to stop work on our
employer's assigned tasks and fly off to attend a series of hastily
contrived volunteer committee meetings.

I see that there are two possible choices for 802.16:
(1) A couple of you folks just go ahead and make the decisions, write the
documents, and then ask the rest of us to mail in our votes so that there is
an appearance of a consensus, or
(2) Limit the meetings to the quarterly gatherings at which times an open
discussion can be held on all topics with no preconceived outcome.

Jerry Woodard
Wytec, Inc.