RE: stds-802-16: SYSREQ: Reference Diagram from Margarete Ralston

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

  Hi All,

  Some remarks:

  1. The Inter Working Function should appear also on CPE side.

  2. We will have interworking equipment supporting data only if the
standard will not define the IWF functions.

  3. In this case, the general approach should be stated clearly as
Voice and Video over IP, the IWF functions being defined by the ITU-T /
IETF standards (H.323, SIP, etc.).

  4. If we want to support also transparent voice services ( as
fractional T1, GR 303), we have to define the IWF functions inside the
standard. This will arise a lot of work, in order to shorten the process
I think that the IWF functions may be defined in a second phase of the
drafting.

  Best Regards,

  Marianna

       Marianna Goldhammer