stds-802-16: Liaison report from ITU-R 8A/9B

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

Dr. José M. Costa, our Liaison to ITU-R Joint Rapporteurs Group 8A/9B
(Wireless Access Systems), has submitted a liaison report entitled "Report
on the Fifth Meeting of ITU-R JRG 8A-9B". That meeting was held April
12-16, 1999 in Geneva, Switzerland.

I understand that the full meeting report will be available at the 8A-9B
web site <http://www.itu.int/was>.

Dr. Costa has also provided a 166-page document entitled "[PRELIMINARY]
DRAFT NEW RECOMMENDATION ITU-R F.BWA: RADIO TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS FOR FIXED
BROADBAND WIRELESS ACCESS (BWA) BASED ON CABLE MODEM STANDARD".

I have set up a liaison page on the 802.16 web site, with separate pages
for 8A-9B and BRAN. The two 8A-9B documents I mentioned are available from:

<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/liaison/itu>

The activities of JRG 8A-9B bear close monitoring, and I recommend that you
study these documents.

Note that Dr. Costa's liaison report includes instructions for joining the
8A-9B e-mail reflector. Also note that Dr. Costa will be hosting the next
JRG 8A-9B meeting on July 12-16, 1999 in Ottawa, Canada. I wish to thank
Dr. Costa for coordinating the dates with our 802 Plenary Meeting of July
5-9, 1999 in Montreal.

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828