PAR submission: "Coexistence of Broadband Wireless Access Systems"

June 4, 1999

Dear LMSC Executive Committee Member:

Pursuant to the LMSC Operating Rules, I am hereby submitting to the LMSC
Executive Committee a proposed PAR entitled "Coexistence of Broadband
Wireless Access Systems." This proposal is the product of the IEEE 802.16
Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access. I would like this proposal to
be considered by the Executive Committee at its July 1999 Plenary Meeting,
which begins 32 days from today.

The draft PAR, with a link to the Five Criteria statement, is available at
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/coexistence/par.html>. Please let me
know if you would like me to deliver the PAR to you in some other format.

This PAR is a followup to the explanatory note included in our PAR that was
approved in March (P802.16: "Air Interface for Fixed Broadband Wireless
Access Systems"). The note read: "This standard will rely on the results of
a related standard defining principles by which broadband wireless access
systems can coexist in areas of adjacent or overlapping geography or
spectrum. A PAR outlining this 'coexistence' standard is in preparation by
the IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access for
consideration at the July 5-9, 1999 802 Executive Committee meetings.").

802.16's Coexistence Task Group prepared this PAR at its meeting of May
10-12, 1999 in Boulder, Colorado, the draft minutes of which are available
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/docs/99/80216-99_02_d.pdf>. The
meeting was attended by 55 people. The PAR was approved on a vote of 39-0,
with no abstentions.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in Austin and discussing this proposal
with you then.

Regards,

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828