stds-802-16: Draft Agenda for July 6-8 802.16 Session

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

I have posted detailed agendas, with starting times of the agenda items, for the Opening and Closing Plenary Meetings at next week's Session #1:

IEEE 802.16-99/03: Agenda for 802.16 Session #1
Roger Marks <mailto:r.b.marks@ieee.org>
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/docs/99/80216-99_03.pdf> (10K)

Abstract:
"Draft schedule of meetings during three-day session;
draft agenda for Opening Plenary and Closing Plenary;
draft schedule of meetings held under 802 umbrella (July 5-9)"

Clarification of Terms
You may notice that I have started calling the three-day gathering a "session" and the half-day events "meetings." This is directly from Robert's Rules of Order: a session is "one or more connected meetings transacting a single order of business" and a meeting "can have no interruption more than a few minutes or a few hours." These definitions will allow us to more easily apply Robert's Rules of Order, which IEEE requires that we apply. Unfortunately, it will occasionally cause some confusion with respect to the 802 Rules, which are inconsisent, sometimes using the Robert's definitions and sometimes the opposite.

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828