stds-802-16: posted: study on Equalization Requirements

I have posted a new PHY contribution:

Equalization Requirements for Millimeter-Wave Fixed Broadband
Wireless Access Systems
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/phy/contrib/80216pc-99_28.pdf
David Falconer and Ranjiv Saini <mailto:ddf@sce.carleton.ca>

Here is the abstract:

"Wideband impulse response measurements have been made in residential
and light industrial areas of Ottawa, at 29 GHz. Based upon these
measured data, we have estimated the parameters of adaptive
equalizers that would be required for LMCS/LMDS systems receiver over
a range of bit rates. The results should be useful as a guide to
specifying modulation schemes and a channel model for evaluation of
candidate PHY layers for the 802.16 interoperability standard."

As you see, this is not a direct response to our current PHY Call for
Contributions. Given the full schedule at Session #4, it has not been
placed on the agenda. However, the document is relevant to our future
deliberations. It has been tentatively placed on the agenda for
Session #5 in January.

Roger