RE: stds-802-16: sub10 issues

I have to agree with Jay.  While the discussions on FDD vs. TDD, etc. are
interesting, we can't lose sight of our immediate goal - preparation of a
PAR for the Executive Committee.  In my mind the most important issue at the
moment pertains to the frequency bands.  Should we limit the PAR to specific
frequency bands, licensed or unlicensed, or should it be wide open?

If we limit the coverage of the PAR, we may alienate some customers or
vendors.  A choice of specific frequency bands may also define the
fundamental air interface technology, by default.   On the other hand, if we
leave the PAR wide open we most certainly will overlap with FWA activities
in other standards bodies and that is not good.

As I indicated in the kick-off memo, I will be preparing a draft PAR for
review prior to the January meeting.  You can expect to see it next week (a
millennium present).  We should pick this apart as much as possible by
e-mail before the first Study Group session.  It would be ideal if we could
reach a general e-mail consensus by meeting time.

In the meantime:

Happy Holidays to all.

Brian