stds-802-16: N-WEST News #22

Today, I sent out the latest bulletin of the National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST). N-WEST initiated the broadband wireless standardization effort that led to 802.16, and N-WEST continues to support 802.16.

I'm not including the bulletin here, but you can find it at <http://nwest.nist.gov/nwestnews22.html>. I've enclosed the Table of Contents below. Much of the issue is devoted to 802.16 news.

The bulletin has about 800 subscribers. If you would like to be added, simply email me your request.

Roger

N-WEST News #22: News of the National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed
January 7, 2000 <http://nwest.nist.gov>

Topics:
* 802.16 SESSION #5 GENERATES LARGE INTEREST
* DRAMATIC CONSOLIDATION OF IEEE 802.16.1 AIR INTERFACE PROPOSALS
* FIRST IEEE 802.16.1 FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT POSTED
* IEEE 802.16 BALLOTING POOL FORMATION UNDERWAY
* WEB USAGE REFLECTS STRONG AND GROWING INTEREST IN IEEE 802.16
* N-WEST IN THE NEWS