Proposed PAR for Fixed Broadband Wireless Access at LowerFrequencies

802.16 hereby notifies the 802 Executive Committee of a proposed PAR
for consideration at the 6-10 March LMSC Plenary Session. The PAR
number is 802.16.3, and the topic is "Air Interface for Fixed
Broadband Wireless Access Systems Operating Below 11 GHz."

The PAR was drafted by 802.16's "Sub10" Study Group
<http://ieee802.org/16/sub10>, which was chartered by the 802 SEC on
11 November 1999 "to investigate establishing air interface
specifications for fixed point to multi-point Broadband Wireless
Access systems operating in frequency bands below 10 GHz."

The Study Group, under the chairmanship of Brian Kiernan and with the
participation of 101 people from 72 companies, met on 10-11 January
2000 during 802.16 Session #5. It approved the PAR by vote of 47-0-1.
The Working Group then approved submission of the PAR by a vote of
18-1.

The PAR can be found at <http://ieee802.org/16/sub10/par>.
The Five Criteria are posted at <http://ieee802.org/16/sub10/par/fivec.html>.
The participation list is at <http://ieee802.org/16/sub10/par/members.html>.

We look forward to your constructive comments, which we welcome any
time. I remind you that, in accordance with the 802 Rules, written
comments are due to 802.16 by 5 pm on Tuesday, 7 March. The Study
Group will have until 5 pm on Wednesday, 7 March to submit a revised
PAR for consideration at the Thursday night Executive Committee
meeting.

Best regards,

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 WG on Broadband Wireless Access <http://ieee802.org/16>
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828