stds-802-16: 802all: Announcement of Overflow Arrangements for July PlenaryMeeting - plus - No Closing Plenary !!!

ATTENTION:  All IEEE 802 Attendees !!!
IMPORTANT:  ATTENTION All IEEE 802 Attendees !!!

IEEE 802  Meeting Information Memo - 2nd Announcement

DATE:		Monday, June 5, 2000

ATTN:		All  IEEE 802  Attendees

SUBJ:		IEEE 802 LMSC Plenary Meeting  -  JULY 10-14, 2000

More Important Information for all potential 802 attendees:

a) As we predicted, the Hyatt Regency La Jolla is NOW sold-out.
However, please call the hotel directly at (858) 552-1234 and request
to be put onto the IEEE 802 WaitList.  The 802 group has many late
cancellations, and the hotel will contact you should rooms become
available.  You may also wish to call the hotel during the week prior
to the start of the Plenary Meeting, to check status of your
reservation request on the 802 WaitList.

b) We have arrangements for overflow rooms at the Radisson Hotel La
Jolla.  Guest rooms are very limited so please call (858) 453-5500
ASAP to ensure a room reservation.  A special IEEE 802 room block is
available until June 15 at rates of $129 & $169/night depending on
view/location.  Room reservations may be canceled without penalty up
until 24-hours prior to arrival date and time should your plans
change.  The Radisson Hotel La Jolla provides free shuttle service
to/from San Diego airport (just call for a pick-up) and provides free
parking for guests with cars (unlike the HR La Jolla which has no
shuttle and charges for parking).  The Radisson has a large heated
pool, a spa, and a full exercise room.  Don't miss this one because
there is almost nothing else decent in the nearby vicinity and
certainly not at these rates.  This is high season !!!

c) The IEEE 802 Opening Plenary will begin Monday, July 10th at
11:00am and the Working Group Meetings will start at 1:00pm.  Please
note:  There will be  NO  802 Closing Plenary on Friday, July 14th.
Instead the 802 Working Group summary reports will be posted on the
802 website by Friday afternoon for your viewing pleasure.  See:
http://ieee802.org Q&A will be via email.

d) Have you Pre-Registered yet?  Deadline is:  Wednesday, June 28,
2000. Save $50 !!!

Please contact us at mailto:802info@ieee.org or (408) 241-8906 if you
require further information and/or assistance. We look forward to
seeing you in San Diego.

For detailed meeting info please see our website at:
http://ieee802.org/meeting

Thank you,

Dawn C. Slykhouse
IEEE 802 Conference Organizer