stds-802-16: Call for Contributions on PAR for WirelessHUMAN(TM) Standard

To:	Stuart Kerry, 802.11 Chair

cc:	John Fakatselis, 802.11e Chair
	Naftali Chayat, 802.11a Chair

Dear Stuart:

In the course of planning for a Project Authorization Request (PAR)
proposing development of a Wireless High-Speed Unlicensed
Metropolitan Area Network [WirelessHUMAN(TM)] standard, we identified
the 802.11a PHY and the 802.11 MAC with 802.11e QoS extensions as
possible technologies for evaluation. In addition, we envision the
need to share the medium with other unlicensed devices, and in
particular with 802.11a-based devices, in the future. We believe
there is a benefit to early collaboration in this area.

We would like to inform you of a Call for Contributions
<http://ieee802.org/16/human/docs/80216h-00_10.pdf> that we have
issued on this matter. We invite any of your members to provide input
to us.

Sincerely,

Roger

--