stds-802-16: Details of Session #9; now is the time to register and reservehotel

Session #9 of the IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless
Access will take place 11-15 September 2000 at the Denver Marriott
Southeast in Denver, Colorado, USA. I have published extensive
details of the Session <http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg09>. The
instructions are rather complicated because the logistics of this
session are more complicated than usual. Please read the web
information carefully.

Here are some key points:

*Hotel bedrooms are scarce. We may be allowed to expand our room
block, but the hotel expects to sell out entirely. If you plan to
attend, I recommend that you reserve a room immediately
<http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg09/logistics.html>. If you can't
get the group rate, I suggest that you reserve the best rate you can
get; then, if you'd like me to try and get you the group rate, let me
know.

*Please pre-register immediately using the On-Line Registration Form
<http://ieee802.org/16/form.html>. You can charge the $140
registration fee to your room at the hotel during check-in. If you
are not staying there, you can pay on site using a credit card.

*If you sometimes attend 802.16 meetings but will NOT attend Session
#9, I ask that you please let me know. There is a box for this on the
on-line form (which, by the way, is new and improved).

*Session #9 is held in conjunction with the September 10-13 2000 IEEE
Radio and Wireless Conference (RAWCON2000 <http://rawcon.org>).
Registration for RAWCON2000 is handled separately and independently
from that of 802.16. You do NOT need to register for RAWCON2000 in
order to attend Session #9.

*The $140 Session #9 Registration Fee Covers:
  - breakfasts, coffee/cookie breaks, and audiovisual expenses
  - Monday RAWCON Keynote Address (1:20-1:50 pm)
<http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg09/rawcon_keynote.html>
  - Monday RAWCON Reception/Exhibition/Poster Session (5:30-7 pm)
  - Tuesday RAWCON Reception/Exhibition/Poster Session (5:30-7 pm)
  - Tuesday RAWCON Panel Session (7-9 pm)
<http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg09/rawcon_panel_tue.html>

*To attend the RAWCON Monday evening banquet and panel session, you
need to register using the RAWCON registration form (see Logistics
page).

*Should your travels take you to Colorado the week before Session #9,
you might consider attending the International Symposium on Advanced
Radio Technologies
<http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/agenda.html> in Boulder on
6-8 September (Wednesday to Friday of the previous week). This year's
theme is "Broadband Wireless Technologies and Applications," and a
session on Friday morning addresses "Broadband Wireless Standards."

*Detailed travel and transportation information is posted
<http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg09/travel.html>.

*Session #9 will open at 2 pm on Monday and close by noon on Friday.
I am working on the schedule.

Regards,

Roger