WLAN/ moving unlicensed discussion off 802.16 reflector

Recently, a lot of discussion regarding unlicensed bands has been
posted to stds-802-16@ieee.org, stds-802-11@ieee.org, and
stds-802-wpan@ieee.org.

This topic is central to 802.11 and 802.15, and it may soon become
important to 802.16 if the WirelessHUMAN PAR is approved by the
IEEE-SA Standards Board next week.

On the other hands, unlicensed bands are not a core issue at this
point to 802.16 participants in general. Therefore, stds-802-16 is
not an ideal venue for this discussion.

The plan in 802.16 is for our Task Group 4 (the WirelessHUMAN Task
Group) to take the lead in the 802.16 efforts in the unlicensed
bands. Therefore, it would be appropriate for the unlicensed
coexistence discussions to be cross-posted to the WirelessHUMAN
reflector instead of the 802.16 reflector.

I therefore respectfully request that future discussion on this
topic, and related ones, be directed not to stds-802-16 but instead
to the WirelessHUMAN reflector <mailto:wirelesshuman@egroups.com>.

Anyone can subscribe to the WirelessHUMAN reflector (receiving
individual emails, daily digests, or simply following the discussion
by the web archive). The URL is
<http://www.egroups.com/group/wirelesshuman>.

Thanks for your consideration,

Roger