stds-802-16: +++Letter Ballot #2 Deadline is 27 December; you must respond

Dear 802.16 Member:

I remind you that the deadline for return of Letter Ballot #2 is 27 December.

It is essential that you find time to complete the ballot, for the
following reasons:

(1) Your membership status will be endangered if you do not vote
("Membership shall be lost if two consecutive, or two of any three
consecutive, Working Group letter ballots are not returned or are
returned with an abstention other than for 'lack of technical
expertise'.") Those who were members when Letter Ballot #1 was
carried out in September-October 1999 and did not vote then are in
imminent danger of loss of membership. Others of you also put
yourself in a risky position by not voting.

(2) Unless at least half of our members vote, then the Letter Ballot
will be considered to have failed, even if all ballots are marked
"Approve". [This is an 802 rule.] In this case, we will have to
repeat the process as Letter Ballot #3, and we will start reminding
everyone to vote once again (with even more memberships at risk).

(3) The TG2 Coexistence document is important to the industry. It
needs to get out quickly, and re-running the ballot will set the
schedule way back. Also, it needs your comments to make it the best
it can be.

802.16 standards are the product of the Working Group as a whole, and
it is the Letter Ballot process that makes this principle a reality.
I know that this is a new concept to many of us, but I think you'll
find that the system is easy to use. Please follow the instructions
below.

Regards,

Roger