Re: [STDS-802-16] [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [security] Timeline

Title: Message
Jeff and other security adhocers,

I've just come back from a weekend break and noticed that tonight is the date to finalize the requirements & goals. So I'd better get mine in before I go to bed. Here are my requirements for a new security protocol version...

The primary requirements are related to efficiency, security and implementation feasibility:

The secondary requirements are related to style and reflect “the way it’s done in 802.16”:

More specifically, the goals of PKMv2 are:

Other requirements, seen in other people's submissions, but with which I concur include..

(this latter stuff I copied and pasted.. it's not mine!)

The proposal on flexible encryption location I think needs discussing. The problem seems real, the solution is not something I've done enough study on, so I'm staying away from any recommendations either for or against at this time.

It's 11.38pm now, so I am within the submission time with a whopping 22 minutes to spare :)

DJ