Re: [RPRWG] temporal ordering requirement

Dave,

(with my cisco hat on)

1998 802.1D shows that data frames from the same src/dst pair
and with the same priority should not be mis-ordered, but data
frames of different priorities or data frames from
different src/dst pairs can be re-ordered.

I believe the advantages of allowing higher priority traffic
to get ahead of lower priority traffic is desirable to
keep latency and jitter low.

The issue of link aggregation or its equivalent in an RPR setting
is a different issue and one worth discussion at some point
in the future.

mike