Re: [RPRWG] Draft for jumbo frame support

> Below is a link for an IETF draft that scopes for jumbo frames. Please
> read through the end to get 802.3 position on this.
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ext-eth-00.txt

  The desire to have larger frame sizes supported in the ethernet standard
is long held and hotly contested. It is also only weakly connected to RPR,
in that there are good reasons to support larger frames in RPR even if
802.3 does not take any action. We've had presentations on the topic of
frame sizes at several previous meetings, and I suspect we'll have more
such in Portland.