[RPRWG] CRC check in each node?

Folks

One question regarding CRC check: are we assuming CRC will be checked at every node (as the frame is forwarded) or it will be checked only at the destination/source node?
My initial thought on this is that, if we don't do it at every node, than how do we remove the frame from ring if the source and destination addresses are corrupted? On the other hand I assume that if every node checks it, more time is spent with forwarding it....

Any insights are welcomed.
Thanks!

Angela