From: Devendra Tripathi [mailto:tripathi@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2001 12:11 PM
To: Mike Takefman; Nader Vijeh
Cc: ieee 802.17 list
Subject: RE: [RPRWG] CRC check in each node?

Promiscous mode refers to addressing and not CRC error. Actually CRC errors,
as per Ethernet, should be dropped but all MACs make provision for passing
CRC error packets. I think Nader referred to it in the contxet of header
corruption (which may distort the address).

Regards,
Devendra Tripathi
CoVisible Solutions Inc.
(formerly VidyaWeb, Inc)