[RPRWG] Preliminary Agenda for July Meeting attached

RPRWGers,

If you requested a presentation slot, please check through this
agenda and let me know if I missed your request.

I will send out file names and locator codes for the presentations
later today (tuesday).

The codes and names should appear at the bottom of all presentations.
The web-site will be set up to have a single directory for all
numeric locator codes for all 802-17 presentation documents.

Meeting Focus:

I will send out my gap analysis of our objectives later today.
I have reserved some additional time on monday night to
allow an adhoc to form to discuss the analysis and see if
there is agreement. No-one else has requested a slot for
their analysis. Hopefully mine will spur some people into
doing some work before the meeting or at the ad-hoc.

The agenda is semi-tight. I have reserved 1.25 days for motion
debate, but that could shrink with presentations going long
and the movers of motions determining that their motion does
not truely plug a gap.

Also the perf committe has been given 2 hours on wednesday afternoon
to meet, allowing hallway negotiations to occur between other parties.
This time could be expanded by shifting some presentations to
thursday.

I spoke with a former chair in 802 and his perspective is that
we are making good progress and if we have reached the point where
we can't agree on more objectives, we should press forward into getting
proposals articulated into further detail. This is of course what
Bob Love has also been suggesting.

I think we are actually in fine shape with regard to objectives
(not too many left to do) especially if we avoid trying to
pass implementations as objectives. The next few meetings
should be focused on articulating proposals and trusting
the WG to finally select the proposals.

cheers,

mike

july_agenda_02.pdf