Re: [RPRWG] CRC check in each node?

I think that one of the main reason for not discarding an errored packet in
the transit path is to be able to implement some sort of "far-end error
monitoring" (SONET/SDH concept).  This way, we wouldn't have to specify
another protocol to implement such function.

jld.

Mike Takefman <tak@xxxxxxxxx>@majordomo.ieee.org on 06/25/2001 09:47:14 PM

Sent by:  owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx