Re: [RPRWG] CRC check in each node?

Bob,

My apologies if I was not being clear.

I was talking about forwarding through a bridge.
It had been suggested that one would forward packets with
good address CRC but bad Payload CRC through a
bridge to get end to end error statistics. As I pointed
out, if people are really serious about end to end
statistics there are other issues at play and IMHO
this should be outside of the scope of the
MAC.

I agreed that one could clearly indicate that a
CRC check has failed at an intermediate node on the
ring and signal it to the next node(s). I regret that
I did not known the token ring method for same and
referred instead to ideas other people floated
on the reflector.

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@xxxxxxxxx
Manager HW Engineering,       Cisco Systems