Re: Fw: [RPRWG] CRC check in each node?

hello Pankaj

Since CRC can be used for identifying if there is a problem in the link
(i.e., signal degradation causing the CRC error), it is desirable to only
record this data in the first node that sees this CRC error (so that one
can see that there may be a fault in the link). If every node that sees the
same CRC error accumulate such data, how are you going to identify which
one is the link that generated the error? The bit set is used (as I heard
from the 802.5 folks) to say that the CRC error was already detected
upstream and there is no need to use that information on performance
monitoring of downstream nodes...

Does it make sense?

Angela

Pankaj K Jha <pkj@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 07/02/2001 11:42:04 AM