[RPRWG] Various web site issues

Title: Various web site issues

I am currently looking into a variety of issues w.r.t. to the 802.17 web site -- several of which you have brought to my attention. A brief summary follows:

1. AS OF THIS MOMENT(Monday morning): the www.ieee802.org/17 address seems to not be responding (for me at least). Using http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/17 works ok. The servers/disk-space were to be moved over the weekend, so maybe the link didn't follow the move -- I will address this with the IEEE folks.

2. As some have pointed out, several presentations ARE indeed missing despite having a link on the July 2001 presentations page. The reason for this is that they have not been sent to me. If YOUR presentation is missing, please email me a copy immediately and I will upload (I can also generate PDF as necessary). Conversely, if your presentation was never delivered and will not be uploaded, please send me a quick email and I can get rid of the link.

3. I DO intend to upload a new zip file with ALL presentations for easy download. Look for it sometime on Wednesday (25th).

4. Finally, when sending me comments about web site issues, please try to provide me as much information as possible to diagnose/fix the issue. E.g. include the exact address to an inoperative link (instead of saying "there are some links that don't work"). If a file is corrupt tell me which one, which application barfs (including version) and what error messages were seen (instead of "lots of files are corrupt") Also let me know what browser you use.

Thanks for all the pointers and suggestions. We are slowly getting better at this.

john
Optical Ethernet Marketing
( Tel 770 708 7375   (ESN 268)
2 Fax 253-981-8720 * Email  jhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
, Mail    Nortel Networks, Mail drop 05U-02-A60
                 5555 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta GA 30004, USA