RE: [RPRWG] 802.17 Outline: Stratum Clock distribution?

James,

> Stratum Clock Distribution to me means ANSI T1.101
> Synchronization hierarchy standard.
> This is very different to time-of-day clocks.

Please clarify why these are very different. I had thought
that synchronized time-of-day clocks (when sufficiently
accurate) is a superset of Stratum Clock distribution.

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect
Network Processing Solutions