RE: [RPRWG] 802.17 Outline: Stratum Clock distribution?

Hello everybody,

I would like to add my point of view in this discussion.

Circuit emulation is a functionality that is outside the scope of a
MAC. It is the responsability of the MAC client to perform it. Thus
also synchronization should be performed by such MAC client by using
the transport facilities provided by the RPR MAC client.

All these issues are outside the scope of the IEEE 802.17 standard so I
would propose to remove the section, not because unuseful but because
it is out of our scope.

Best regards, Italo

WINMAIL.DAT