RE: [RPRWG] RAH: Re: Minutes of Rate Ad Hoc meeting

I am amazed to see how much we trust our MAC peer (Km away from us) and
how much we do not trust our MAC client (few centimeters away from us)
;-)

In order to do this, one would have to have a *very* trusted  client,
which has not been an assumption in past MAC
standards. I would argue that either clients are completely trustworthy
and you allow them to flow control and rate shape all
traffic, or clients are not completely trustworthy and you never allow
them to touch a packet not destined for them. I don't see
any point in-between. Frankly, while allowing clients to interact with
the transit path is intriguing from an engineering point of
view, I doubt it would be acceptable to many people.

jl