RE:RE: [RPRWG] TDM or ATM/FR service emulation over RPR ring

Hi, Leon,

Where can I find the document that gives,
"presentations of simulations results as early as
March 2001"?

Regards

C.Z.

Hi Yu,
RPR Standard defines a MAC and does not deal directly
with how to transport
the services. It provides Classes of Service that can
be used to transport
different services, but these classes are defined
based on their
characteristics (delay, delay variation,..) and not on
the type of service.

As for the specific way of transporting TDM/FR/ATM
over packet networks I
recommend you to look in the IETF PWE3 work.

And yes, we have considered the stringent timing
requirements of TDM over
RPR (you can see some presentations of simulations
results as early as March
2001). From the results, and also theoretical
calculations, for high rate
ring there is no problem to deal with the delay
variation using a small
dejitter buffer at the receiver.

Leon Bruckman
VP & Chief System Architect