RE: [RPRWG] protection messages

It is not obvious to me that everything that an RPR MAC needs
to implement to be fully compliant resides in a single piece
of silicon.

Sure Mike. My comment was only about protection message. I consider
Protection Message like flow control message in .3 MAC. So, CPU can set it
up, but sending, receiving and basic processing all can be within hardware
boundary. Though, I agree it does not have to be, we can specify the
parameters with that underlying assumption. A CPU resident on line card can
do that job as well.

Regards,
Devendra.