From: David James [mailto:djz@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 4:40 PM
To: George Suwala; John Lemon; stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RPRWG] Wait To Restore

Guys,

I really appreciate these attempts at interation though email,
which has the promise of relieving next-meeting congestion.

However, I would like to understand and (if time allows)
contribute some thoughts on the topic. Although my expertise
is in different areas, many of the issues are similar on
mini-networks (backplanes) and metro-networks.

For me, the conversation would help if the acronyms were
a bit less persuasive, as I (and some others, I suspect)
are not necessarily aware of the WTR or SF acronyms,
much less their functional definition.

The problem is, of course, compounded by this being
a portion of the document that needs alot of refinement,
as its quite hard for (at least some of) us to understand.

Could you perhaps provide a bit of an intro when
broadcasting these and looking for feedback. That
would help for us less enlightened.

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect