Re: [RPRWG] [Fwd: Ballot Reminder - your thoughts?]

Tom, we are certainly in agreement that it is important that we all vote
responsibly.  I have a bit of a different point of view on the PICS since
that will be the basis for conforming to the standard.  I entirely agree
with you that starting the PICS too early is a waste of time.  However, I
don't think we need to wait for a passing ballot to begin creating them.  We
are, as a group, pretty aware of the technical issues that are still open.
If we can close most of them in Montreal, then I believe we should make sure
everyone has a good chance to carefully review the PICS on the next ballot
cycle.

Regarding your statement:
Therefore, it would seem that there is not a whole lot of harm done in
starting down the
road to Sponsor Ballot, especially if Sponsor Ballot is the "real" balloting
process anyway.

For two reasons I take strong exception to the idea that we still have time
to "clean up" the draft after we begin sponsor ballot.  The first reason is
that it is up the WG to put a good complete standard out to sponsor ballot.
The second reason is more practical.  I believe that if we have a lot of
delay going through sponsor ballot that it will strongly impact RPR sales.
Therefore, I am pushing everyone to get the draft in a state that will allow
it to sale through sponsor ballot.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 208 978-1187