Re: [RPRWG] .17 b multicast learning simplification

Gary,

I checked the results file and on Q4 a) and b)
were unacceptable to 6 people. I am not sure where
you got your numbers and I apologize if I make a publishing
or communications mistake.

That being said, it's a good question to ask
and see what people think.

Given that we are close to consensus on Q4 and Q6
my preference is still to try to close on those.

If one considered the normal down-select process used
in other groups, the other results would fall off
the table in preference to the selections that have
the most support.

I continue to talk to people to see if there are people
willing to switch their votes in the interest of
achieving concesus. I hope to get this done this
week so that next week we can close in Denver.

If we don't close by then, you have given us a good
thing to start thinking about.

cheers,

mike

Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems
Chair IEEE 802.17 Stds WG
3000 Innovation Dr, Ottawa, Canada, K2K 3E8