[RPRWG] Leadership Changes in 802.17

Dear RPRWGers,

I've had a wonderful opportunity to work with very talented people over
the
development of the 802.17, 17a, 17b standards and the start of work on
802.17c.
I am very proud of the consensus that we have forged and the quality of
the
technology / documents we have created.

While I will continue to participate in 802.17, the ratification of
802.17b
by the Standards Board and the expected forwarding of the 802.17c PAR to
Nescom
after the March Plenary meeting provides a good point in time to allow
the next
set of leaders to step up in the 802.17 WG. Therefore, we will hold
elections at
the March Plenary Session for Chair and Vice-Chair.

To date, our current vice-chair, John Lemon has stepped forward to run
for the
position of Chair. Steve Wood (who was a technical editor for 802.17)
has put his
name forward for Vice-Chair. Any other people who are interesting in
either position
should contact me, to have their names added to the ballot. The
elections will be held
during our closing plenary session. As per 802 P&P the new Chair and
Vice-chair assume
office following the close of the 802 EC meeting on Friday the 16th of
March.

regards,

mike

Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems
Chair IEEE 802.17 Stds WG
3000 Innovation Dr, Ottawa, Canada, K2K 3E8
voice: 613-254-3399       cell:613-220-6991