stds-80220-ch-models: MIMO channel modeling info sources

Hi everyone,

I want to touch base since I have seen only two posts to this reflector.

I seem to remember that another channel model document was going to be
used as the starting point for ours.  Does any one know which one it is
or do you have a suggestion?

I have found several published papers on MIMO channel models.  Is there
a channel model that we have in mind at this point?

I have found three papers on mobile MIMO channel measurements.  They
are:

Helmut Hofstetter, Ingo Viering, and Wolfgang Utschick, "Evaluation of
Suburban measurements by eigenvalue statistics,"
Proc. COST 273, 1st Workshop at Espoo, Finland, May 2002

Ingo Viering, Helmut Hofstetter, and Wolfgang Utschick, "Validity of
Spatial Covariance Matrices over Time and Frequency," Globecom 2002,
Taipei, Taiwan, Nov. 2002

Helmut Hofstetter, Martin Steinbauer, and Christoph F. Mecklenbrauker,
"Double-Directional Radio Channel Estimation at 2GHz for high speed
vehicular mobiles - Experimental results," Proc. WPMC'01, Aalborgk,
Denmark, Sep. 2000

Does anyone know of any others?

We have some mobile multi-element antenna measurements that we have
made that could possibly be of use.  I will process the data if it will
be of any use.

I am particularly interested in how well MIMO systems will work with
handheld mobile units where there is little space for antennas.
Presumably, polarization diversity would offer more than spatial
diversity it this case.  Does anyone know of any applicable
polarization diversity measurements?

I am anxious to start working on our contribution for the July meeting.
  What can I do?

Ken Allen

Kenneth C. Allen
Wireless Program Leader
NTIA/Institute for Telecommunication Sciences
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO  80305

Phone:  303-497-5474
Fax:  303-497-3680